COVID-19 Safe Play: All Spectators, players, coaches and parents must adhere to the Alberta Soccer Association and Facility rules regarding returning to play protocols. Coaches, please ensure your families are aware of the protocols and what the expectations are at the facilities. For more info please visit the EMSA website under Indoor Season Team Official Information.
- All registrations will be online through the tournament website www.ewzsaslushcup.com, after you complete your team’s registration you will receive a confirmation email that your registration has been received.
- Tournament registration will close on January 10, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- Due to the uncertainty caused by public health restrictions payment will not be required until after registration is closed and teams have been confirmed to participate in the Slush Cup.
- Teams will be confirmed by email after January 10, 2022 and payment will be required by January 21, 2022. Payment can be made online through the registration website or by cheque mailed to 15430 – 93 Avenue Edmonton, AB T5R 5H3.
- When registering your team, you can post notes for your team if you are coaching more than 1 team in the tournament or if you know of a league game conflict. Tournament organizers will do their best to accommodate requests, but that is not always possible.
- Local teams (Edmonton and surrounding area) may play their first game on Thursday evening. Out of town teams that live within a 3.5 hour radius of Edmonton should be prepared to play their first game on Friday evening.
- We cannot confirm a team’s acceptance into the tournament until registration is closed and final tournament groups have been formed. Please do not ask for confirmation before that date. The Slush Cup Tournament is not responsible for teams that book hotels without a cancellation policy and are not accepted into the tournament.
- After your team is accepted into the tournament you can upload your official team roster to the website (rosters need to be pdf or word document) and then add the players to the tournament roster. All players that will be playing in the tournament need to be added and activated on the tournament roster. Be sure to check the rules to confirm the correct number of players allowed for your age group.
- Official team rosters need to be uploaded and tournament rosters finalized by February 25, 2022.
- Players need to be listed to the tournament roster on the website by February 25, 2022.
- The schedules will be posted online by February 7, 2022, and you will then be able to print your game sheets. You will need to provide 1 copy of the game sheet for each game and hand it to the referee at the start of the game.