EWZSA Slush Cup Tournament Questions and Answers
How do I register for the Slush Cup Tournament?
- You must login to the tournament website www.ewzsaslushcup.com and input all the information for your teams profile and register for the tournament.
- You can pay online when directed or e-transfer to [email protected] or send a cheque to the West Zone Soccer office – 15430 – 93 Avenue Edmonton, AB T5R 5H3. Registrations are considered complete only after payment has been received.
- Registrations are taken on a first come basis some divisions fill up quickly, please register early to avoid being placed on a standby list.
- Payment does not guarantee your team a spot in the tournament, it confirms your registration
is complete. Teams accepted into the tournament will be notified after registration closes.
Will I receive a refund if my team drops out of the tournament?
- If your team pulls out of the tournament before January 10, 2023 you will receive a full refund less a $25.00 administration fee.
- If you team drops out after January 10, 2023 you will forfeit your registration fee.
What is the ASA Roster?
- The ASA is your provincial team player registration form that lists all the players registered on your team with their birth dates and player number. You may need to contact your soccer organization for a copy of your ASA. Calgary teams may submit their CMSA roster that is generated from Goaline.
- Every player that participates in the tournament must be registered on a provincial roster, this includes all guest players, and you must also provide the guest players ASA from the team they are registered with. If your team is from outside of Alberta, then your travel permit will suffice.
What is a tournament roster?
- The tournament roster must be filled out on our website and is the list of players that will play for your team during the tournament. Be sure to check the tournament rules to confirm the correct number of players allowed for your age group and the rules and regulations for using guest players.
What are the guidelines for using guest players?
- Teams will be allowed to use a maximum of 3 guest players; all guest players must come from the same district association and be properly registered for the current season.
- Tier 4 and lower tier teams may use a maximum of 2 guest players from a team of the same tier and age group as long as the other team is not participating in the tournament.
- Tier 1, 2 and 3 teams can only use guest players from a lower division or age group.
- All guest players must be clearly indicated on the tournament roster and game sheet.
- Guest players must not increase the roster above the original number of registered players. A Guest Player must replace a registered player of the team i.e. if you have a regular team roster of 16 players and 3 of your players are not playing in the tournament you can only add 3 guest players for a tournament roster total of 16 players. You will not be allowed to add 4 guest players.
- You must provide the guest player’s team roster as well as a signed consent letter from their coach.
- No player will be allowed to play on more than one team for the tournament.
- Any team that plays an ineligible player will forfeit the game
What fields will my team play on for the tournament?
· ESC West – 17415 – 106A Ave.
· ESC East – 12720 Victoria Trail
· ESC South – 6520 Roper Road
· Tri Leisure Centre – 221 Jennifer Heil Way, Spruce Grove
· Servus Credit Union Place – 200 Campbell Rd, St. Albert
· Dow Centennial Centre – 8700 – 84 St., Fort Saskatchewan
· Millennium Place – 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
· Leduc Recreation Centre – 4330 Black Gold Dr., Leduc
The following are subject to change depending on the number of teams and field space at the centers.
- U9 Boys and Girls teams will be playing in the West Soccer Centre and St. Albert - Servus Place.
- U11 Boys and Girls teams will be playing in the South Soccer Centre, Sherwood Park Millennium Place.
- U13 Boys and Girls teams will be playing in the West Soccer Centre, and St. Albert Servus Place.
- U15 Boys and Girls teams will be playing in the East Soccer Centre and Fort Saskatchewan – Dow Centennial Centre.
- U17 Boys and Girls teams will be playing in the East Soccer Centre and Fort Saskatchewan – Dow Centennial Centre
- U19 Boys and Girls teams will be playing in the East Soccer Centre and Fort Saskatchewan - DOW Centennial Centre
- Non-Boarded Teams play at Edmonton Soccer Dome
Where do I pick up the coach packet? What is included in the coach packet?
- We ask all teams to sign in for the tournament and pick up their coach packet at the center where they play their first scheduled game.
- If you are unable to sign in/pick up prior to the start of your first game, please do so immediately after the game is finished.
- The coach packets will include tournament information; facility passes for out of town coaches and giveaways for the players.
The tournament starts on Thursday, if my team is from out of town should I expect to play on Thursday and Friday?
- If your team is from outside the Edmonton area you will not be scheduled for a game on Thursday night unless you request to play that night.
- It is expected that teams be prepared to play on Friday evening. If you are from out of town your team will be scheduled for a later evening game where possible.
- Please note that some groups may finish play on Saturday evening
Where do I hand in the game sheets? Where do I go to find tournament stats?
- Prior to the start of the game you will need to give your team’s tournament game sheet to the referee. After the game, the game sheet will be picked up by volunteers.
- You will need to provide 1 tournament game sheet for every game you play in the tournament. (extra game sheets will be available at the headquarters located at each center)
Tournament stats will be updated live at www.ewzsaslushcup.com during the tournament.
What kinds of soccer shoes are acceptable to wear on the fields?
- Clean indoor running shoes or indoor soccer shoes are the only acceptable footwear worn on the fields.
- No outdoor soccer cleats are allowed
Where are the medals presented?
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three teams in each group. The medals will be presented after the last game in each group has been played and the results have been confirmed by tournament organizers.
- Following the final games in each group, the medal presentations will take place in the lobby of the Centre where the games were played.
What happens if my team is place on a standby list?
- Your team may be placed on a standby list if the group/ division you are entering is has reached the maximum number of teams we can accept.
- Your team may also be placed on a standby list if we do not have enough teams that match your team’s caliber to create a group for the tournament.
- Teams that are placed on a standby list will be contacted by tournament organizers if an appropriate spot opens up from a team dropping out of the tournament. We will only fill spots with teams of equal caliber.
Are Bio-Banding Team allowed to enter in the tournament?
- Teams that are Bio-Banding are not approved to enter in the Slush Cup Tournament